Training & Education
Goa Institute of Management (2002)
I completed a 2-year full-time residential programme from the Goa Institute of Management, Ribandar, Goa, in April, 2002. GIM is ranked at #17 in India’s Best B-Schools (Cosmode BW Survey, 2005) At GIM, I specialized in Marketing (primary elective), Systems (secondary elective) and Advertising.
Was awarded a Gold Medal for a Marketing dissertation, ‘Ethnic Themes in Advertising’
– I helped set up the GIM Trekking club to explore interior Goa
– I played an active role in the off-campus placements and internships process
– Was part of the Placement brochure, batch yearbook, and Industry-Institute Interaction (I3) Club’s newsletter design & edit team
– Conceptualized, designed, printed and distributed the unofficial GIM 2002 souvenir T-shirt
B.A. Sociology Honors
Presidency College, Calcutta University (2000)
I graduated from Presidency College in Kolkata in 2000, after completing a 3-year honors course in Sociology. I ranked 3rd in class in the final graduation exams.
While at Presidency, I –
– co-founded the Presidency College Computer Club in 1999
– completed a basic course (6 months) in databases, design, and HTML programming from NIIT in 1998
– completed a basic course in French language from the Alliance Francaise de Calcutta in 1997
I have also completed a basic course in Website Usability and Design from Human Factors India, in 2008, as part of the training to set up a new website at the Times Group.
ISC (Science), 1997
St. Thomas Boys’ School, Calcutta
Aggregated score: 89%
ICSE (Science), 1995
Boys’ High School, Allahabad
Aggregated score: 91%